Tuesday 20 March 2012

Musical Funtimes and The BIG thing

Might have just got an email
It might have informed me I got a principal role in the musical
I might have danced around the flat like a mad woman
I might still be bouncing as I sit here
Huge grin? Hell yes!



So, so happy! The girls at my callback were all incredibly talented and rather intimidating. And before getting the news, I watched most of them perform tonight in MTSoc's production of Guys and Dolls. They're not half bad. Despite being tipped by my inside source (thank you) that my name was pencilled by that part, I was still apprehensive. But then I got the text about the final decision. Verified it by checking the official email. Jumped on the spot for about 5 minutes, much to the disgust of my flatmate who had to take a plate of food from my hand. She was not impressed, she said she's internally happy for me.

Apparently things happen to me when I get involved in musicals and productions. My alter ego comes out. She is affectionately known as 'Stressy Elly' and she is the Hyde to my Jekyll.

This is all hearsay I maintain as I don't recall changing one bit during the last show, I had a great time! I guess I'll just have to prove that last time was the exception to the rule.



Yeep, still thrilled. Can't wait to get started!

1 comment: