Tuesday 3 January 2012

Obligatory celebratory message

Happy New Year
I know it's a bit late but I spent the long weekend catching up with a couple of my friends. We went into the city and watched the fireworks and it was an incredible night. We went really early and walked around for a few hours before staking our place by the river at 5pm.

Sitting down at 5pm and realising you have a 7 hour wait was so demoralising but I taught my friends two brilliant card games- Irish snap and 3 card life. By the end our fingers were smarting but we were in hysterics and a few hours had passed. We spent the wait drinking out of plastic bottles and feeling rather cheap, singing along terribly to the music and getting more and more desperate for the toilet but not being able to go as the area had closed and we couldn't have gotten back in. It was dire! But regardless, we had a wonderful time and I'll never forget it.
I know it's not friday and its late but still, I'm filling in the blanks, retrospectively.


As ever, thanks to Lauren at The little things we do

1.   New Years is  the chance to spend hours with your closest friends and also getting to meet lots of new people

2.   One of my New Year's resolutions will be to stop over analysing my relationships with other people, stop wondering why they would talk or say what they do or act the way they do and just go with it and see what happens.

3.  A New Year's resolution I've made in the past was to stop wearing jeans. If I'm not careful jeans become my uniform and i wear them day in day out so a few years ago I just stopped wearing jeans for about 2 years. I wore skirts and shorts and dresses and it was lovely. I've lasped again so I think I'll try again this year.

4. The most time consuming resolution I ever made was... I don't think I've ever had one. Unless you count promising myself to lose weight and keep it off- ongoing

5.  This year I will be spending New Year's Eve in the city with my best friends having a wonderful time watching the fireworks

6.  If I could wish one thing for my new year it would be  for this year to be as good as the last


7.  2012 is going to be  a year when I try lots of new things without worrying about the consequences, I'm going to throw myself in and have a ball


Night


No comments:

Post a Comment