Tuesday 17 January 2012

Coffee with a friend

 
Today, for the first time in far too long, I had a skype call with my best friend. 

Oweing to the fact she lives over 100 miles away, we can't just arrange to meet up for a coffee, or go shopping, or pop round for dinner at very short notice, everything we do is planned well in advance. Not to mention that both of our schedules are wont to change at the last minute means that our chats are few and far between. It also means they're rather long as we have so much to catch up on and we absolutely treasure out time talking.

So I was thinking, if I were to go to coffee with someone for the first time, what would I tell them about me?
  1. I'm studying psychology at uni. I have no idea what I want to do with my future, all I know right now is that I really enjoy the biology side, good as that exam is on Thursday, and I can't stand writing essays. I'm not too fussed about the future right now, I guess I'll just see where I end up. But talk to me this time next year and I'll be out of my mind with stress trying to get a placement.
  2. My biggest fear is of wasps, I absolutely loath the skinny, noisy, sly creatures. They look so vengeful to me, my heart can't help but race when they're nearby.
  3. I love having matching sets of underwear. You know that no matter what happens to you, the day will be excallent so long as your knickers match your bra. Its a little luxury that makes a huge difference. It was my love of nice underwear that made me ok with my next piece.
  4. In the last drama production I did, I had to sing my song wearing only my underwear. I walked onstage wearing a robe, during the intro took it off and then sang, I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but on the second night it dawned on me- it wasn't only the audience who were seeing me like that! The audience were a sea of unfamiliar faces who I would never have contact with again. It was the cast, watching from the balcony who I would continue to see, week in, week out at rehearsals and socials and had all now seen me, lumps, bumps and all, under the illuminating spotlights.
Intriguing huh?
On a related note, I thoroughly enjoyed the workshop this week and my aprehension was much lower. Smells like success!

No comments:

Post a Comment