Tuesday 27 December 2011

It's ok if you want to bow down now...

I always feel so good the days I donate blood.

Not physically good. I always feel tired and crash in the evening; today I napped for 2 hours till 7.30, I just crashed on the sofa when I got home. That may have had something to do with a) not eating all day bar 1 rice cracker and a cup of squash, b) donating a pint of blood, c) spending all day walking around town shopping with my two friends and d) talking non-stop during c. It was wonderful though.

But morally, I feel excellent. It takes just half an hour of my day and I can help save someone's life. And contrary to expectations, it really doesnt hurt. It hurts less than a blood test- it really is just a little prick.

However, it does mean I have to wear long sleeves for the next day to make sure noone thinks I'm a junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment